January 20, 2008

ANTELOPE HUNT 2007

Kristin mentioned in our Christmas letter my recent Antelope hunt last year. I thought I would post a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Here is a picture of my first Antelope, I harvested this fine buck with my Remington .270 WSM on the run at around 150yds, total luck!

Some say, shooting an Antelope on the run can ruin the meat. I think that may be true in this case. My Antelope really wasn't too tasty. However, my little brother came up with a great jerky recipe.

As brothers we all decided to take our Antelope to the taxidermist to have them shoulder mounted. Kristin really isn’t too excited about having a wild creature hanging over her bed! Odds are it will end up either in the basement or garage. Oh well!

John









2 comments:

loven it! said...

that's not nice john...

so in cedar city all of my girl friends were hunters. during the deer hunt they all shot bucks and their hubby's got nothing. my friend bree shot a 4 point.

Chris Keller said...

John and Kristen, we found your blog. What a funny picture and story. John, we don't know this side of you. We are glad you were thinking of our "viewing pleasure" I can imagine the antelope head over your bed. . . romantic. ;-)

Chris Keller